St. Joseph’s Hospice is looking for a number of local people to support it as Community Heroes out in their own local communities.
The Community Heroes volunteers will work in small teams to support the hospice’s fundraising work in each of the following locations; Formby & Hightown, Bootle, Netherton, Seaforth & Litherland, Maghull & Lydiate, Aintree & Walton, and Ormskirk & Aughton.
The hospice’s Community Heroes volunteers will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Collecting and replacing the collections tins in local shops and returning them to the hospice.
- Putting event leaflets and posters in local shops.
- Helping to source raffle prizes from local businesses.
- Supporting supermarket and street collections.
- Being the “eyes and ears” for the hospice within the community and letting the fundraising team know of any opportunities e.g. fairs and events that we can attend, and local businesses that may support the hospice.
- Supporting third-party community events in aid of the hospice (e.g. collecting cheques and attending coffee mornings to thank the organisers).
Zoë Furnivall, fundraiser at St. Joseph’s Hospice, said: “This is a brand new and very exciting volunteer role which will help us to reach out to more people in our local communities, raising money and awareness of the hospice and the important work we do here.
“We are looking for people who can commit to around 2-3 hours a week, although this will be very flexible as the amount of support needed will vary depending on what events are happening.
“Each team will consist of two or more people who will work together. Ideally, volunteers will be able to drive and will live in the area they are representing, or have a connection to the area, as local knowledge will be really important.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to get out and about, meet new people and support a very special local charity and we can’t wait to hear from you. Please get in touch with us if you are interested and would like to know more.”
To find out more about becoming a Community Hero volunteer for the hospice, call Helen Pattie Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator on 0151 932 6043 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.